I'm back...sorta

I want a restart. I want a redo on last year. It was fine. It was survival mode. I birthed our 4th child, Richard Norton Harris, but Matt missed it because he was home puking. That kicked off our home-schooling year since Richie was born on September 12 (luckily missing the weird 9/11 birthday). I think we have like 2 pictures of Richie's entrance into the world but they are on Sarah's I-phone or something. We'll never download them. We just won't.


We did fine this last year. We scraped through. We did a lot of worksheets (blech) and tried to throw in a few interesting things when we could. Luckily, a nice boy moved in down the street for Sam to play with so he had a friend and we didn't kill him for driving us nuts. Honestly, not much more happened.

Luella watched a lot of Dora the Explorer and Caillou while we did our worksheets so luckily she will be attending our fave school, City Garden, next year so that we can get some stuff done here and she can have some semblance of a baby life.

Also, Matt's sister Sarah (who ended up driving me to the hospital and witnessing the birth of Richie) moved into the neighborhood so she will be helping me with babies this school year on the days that Luella doesn't go to CG.

I still feel like we should be homeschooling (although I had my doubts last year when I was shouting "Just put on another Dora for her and get back here to finish your math!!!) so we're gonna give it another year. I'm trying to gear up for a better quality of education. No more Abeka workbooks. No more Dora. It's either gotta be better or we're gonna do something else. What else? I don't know. Move to a farm or something?

I'm in a weird place. Richie is almost one and I'm having that "get me outta here" feeling a lot. Like I want my body back and I want to go on a date that isn't cut short by a phone call announcing that a baby is sad/hungry. I want a time to work out, (probably not going to happen) and a regular time to shower (here's hoping!).  I want to use my brain and I need some sort of creative outlet that isn't about homeschooling.

I'm not going to freak out because I know this season passes. It did 3 other times. I went on dates and blogged and had people over for dinner and met couples out for dinner (I think...) and felt like a person. When we went skiing on vacation I actually made it onto the mountain rather than nursed a baby back in the hotel.

This too shall pass and then I'll miss it. Then I'll get pregnant again because I miss it. But not this time. Not this time!!! :)

See you on the mountain.

Comments

Popular Posts